Winning ideas highlights:
- #greenrevampers 3 minute showers timed by music – to save water; hotel furnishings from upcycled tires
- Save it for Later Hotel Booking engine that reduce rates as you check off what you don’t need – example – no need to change linens, make up room
- The Hen Project raise chickens on the roof of a hotel; invite families and children help feed hens + gather eggs
- Pachtounwalli Plant a garden to supply the restaurant and neighbors, invite people how-to gardening sessions
In addition to CMH Paris MBA students’ smart ideas, #Hackfest benefited from Stratgeic Advisors – real world experienced:
All the ideas are actionable and intended to help busy hoteliers go-green – go-local/social.
We will distribute an e-book of all the presentations free to any interested persons –
- Quick + Easy Form – 30 seconds to fill out
Links to each winning presentation – here, worth the visit!
#HotelHackfest, Hoteliers, sustainability, #techforgood
Travelers’ expectations have evolved – think ‘socialization‘. Create lively, authentic experiences to attract not only your hotel guests but locals + visitors too!.
Local Tourist recommendations are no longer enough.
Super how-tos (in French) for hoteliers from Lounge Up Blog
- Display + promote local artisans + creators
- Think of lobby/public space as activity zones – planned events
- Create co-working space (hint – look at how overcrowded Starbucks is)
- Launch a collaborative activities app – example MMV by Lounge Up
Read the Lounge Up blog post – L’Importance du Social dans L’Experience Client
#hotels #hoteliers #socialization #social hub #loungeup
We will follow their activities + post ideas and innovations.
Meanwhile – bravo to local + WebSummit organization!!
- Smooth, easy conference checkin at the airport.
- An army of friendly, young volunteers
- #websummit stickers on all Metro direction signs, letting you know where to get off – very helpful
- Metro maps printed with correct stop indicated
|#websummit 2017 Liz Craig #lisbon|
Cool idea – Instgramable spots in central tourists areas – lots of WebSummiters took advantage!!
|#websummit – #lisbon Barrio Alto – great for Instagram|
- Consumers – save money, time + eat well
- Providers (restaurants, bakeries, food stores + chains) – realize some revenue vs. 0
- Society – better planet, good for our souls
Innovative concept, innovative business model, innovative generation of thinkers. True @changemakers
Only the most promising hospitality #startups are selected to participate in Metro Techstars accelerator program … and the chosen 10 companies have just been announced.
Among the selected startups:
- Blendbow – enabling high volume restaurants and bars ‘clickable’ quality cocktail creations + cost controls.
- Concierge by Youthere.ai – AI driven #chatbot guest communication
- Guest U – mobile phone, with own app, as guest amenity – free internet + voice calls
- nabl – highspeed guest/customer feedback collection via mobile phone
6 more amazing startups + reviews in future posts.
Read full article – MetroTechstars Hospitality Accelerator Class 2017
#startups, #hospitality, #digital innovation, #metrotechstars
La Wine Tech is a French #startup with a global reach. A creative and well curated collection of a wide variety of wine related startups.
In fact, a startup of startups – a first for the wine world.
B2C, La Wine Tech concept capitalizes on mobile, apps + social to connect people to new ways to discover, consume + appreciate wines. B2C, showcases innovations to progress wineries and wine related businesses.
Industry Innovation Impact:
- Hospitality, Wine Distribution, Retail Sales,
- Small, select producers can compete with large wine distributors
- Digital Marketing expertise for wineries and vignerons
Sampling of Start Ups under the La Wine Tech umbrella – a wide range of interests and approaches:
- GeoVina – app guide to Oenotourism – focus south of France
- Vinocromie – an inventive mix of art, wine + select locations – gatherings
- Avenue des Vins – an interactive marketplace to purchase wine direct from the producer
- Caveasy – the connected cave, for personal wine management
- Vinexplore – GPS driven app, enabling discovery of wine tastings + vineyards in your proximity
These are but a few of the new + noteworthy….La Wine Tech is an eyeopener for those connected, curious and admirers of wine.
Submitted by Liz Craig
An outstanding collaboration to generate international startup exchanges seeking financing and trade between the 2 capitals:
The agreement will, for the first time, jointly showcase London and Paris to overseas visitors, while a new initiative called the City-to-City Business Welcome Programme will encourage and facilitate the flow of trade and investment between the two cities.
The City-to-City Business Welcome programme will include
- assistance with company set-up,
- access to co-working space,
- introduction to the local tech ecosystem and networking, and
- discounted accommodation.
- Eurostar will also provide entrepreneurs with preferential rates on their services.
Further, the programme is also designed to jointly promote tourism for both destinations, attracting a greater flow of international visitors.
Bottom line = a co-commitment to grow jobs, economy, innovative new enterprises…and tourism!!
#startups #tourism #paris #london
Les Cuistots Migrateurs: Kill two birds with one stone?
Better still, why not come up with two great ideas in one innovative start-up?
Hospitality, Restauration, Foodtech, Lifestyle.
Benefits of the concept include a different perspective on migrants ; from « international problem » to « cultural culinary exchange » ; providers of French wholesale food industry as well as importers of exotic herbs and spices. The services benefit office-bound Parisians as well as those wanting to have an unusual homecooked meal on the table when their neighborhood provides few innovative choices
o The added feature is humanitarian : providing work for immigrants whose lives have been turned upside down and whose skills have been underutilized. What better way to integrate into a new culture and country than via the hospitality of offering a regional specialty to share at the dinner table ?
o Les Cuistots Migrateurs could be used in hospitality as an alternate choice to the expense of running an in situ restaurant whilst providing hotel guests with a variety of unusual lunch and dinner choices delivered directly to the hotel
o Les cuistots migrateurs are certainly a welcome innovation in France today, offering a unique solution to integrating refugees to the French way of life by providing careers. As the New York Times wrote: « Les Cuistots Migrateurs is a bold new venture created by two intrepid French entrepreneurs who are trying to change the way Parisians view immigrants by introducing the French to the best of the newcomers’ home cuisines. »
- Key points
- New employment provider
- Helping lessen the pain and disorientation of refugees of war and economic hardships
- Provision of a wider choice and delivery method for authentic cuisines little known in France
Cross post – FutureMakers Paris
#hotelinnovation, #foodtech#restaurant innovation #startup
Using ITB Berlin worldwide tradeshow to present the winners, Welcome City Labs selected from 120 candidates.
Infographic visually expresses the range of candidate submitted.
Winning startups will gain the support of Welcome City Lab’s ecosystem designed to nurture each concept to a successful business.
List of selected startups – congratulations to all!
Blue Valet, Busjets, ClapnClip, CoChange, Fokusmap, Mon beau terroir, Intripid, Nannybag, Student Pop, The bar corner, Tictactrip, Tracktl, Visitdata.
Full details (in French) Welcome City Labs Press Release.
Hospitality-Next will publish review of these innovative hospitality startups.
Interactive screen that can use contactless technology (from phones, cards, passports…) for informing the customer enabling them to make purchases.
Industry: Hospitality, Retail, Restaurants
- Hotels can replace their reception with an interactive screen that enables check-in, payment and reservations, as well as provide information on the location. Retail and restaurants can provide an additional selling point.
“A unique value proposition that changes the customer’s journey”
Innovation: The screen doesn’t only interact with people, but with the person’s electronic devices, combining and streamlining informative and purchasing purposes, with little effort on the customer’s behalf.
- Purposes: retrieving reservation via passports, identification, payments, browsing…
- Highly adaptable and the possibilities are endless.
Eazeat – has launched
Application to find, reserve and order before walking into the restaurant, and leave paying through the app.
- Restaurants can benefit by streamlining guest experience, and optimizing labor as servers won’t need to take the order or deal with payments
- Can be used to boost F&B of hotels
« Book your table, order before arriving, and leave without paying! No more time or money hassles »
Innovation: uses existing technology all embedded in one app, which completely changes the restaurant experience, making it quicker and more efficient for the guest and the restaurateur.
- Find and reserve a restaurant, as well as pre-order meal for set-time
- Cashless/cardless payment through the app, with possibility to split bill
- Gets rid of waiting to order, waiting to receive and waiting to pay times for the guest
A conversational commerce platform that creates contact points throughout the website by predicting customer behavior, a chatbot and a possibility to put potential customers in touch with savvy enthusiasts for live chat
Industry: Retail & Hospitality
- Hotels can benefit through tailored, personalized experience for potential guests, through automated and real chat.
« Predict and engage the best contact opportunities with authentic experts 24/7 and convert them into business value. »
Innovation: uses customer browsing behavior to send them useful information and takes advantage of brand ambassadors & influencers expertise to advise guests
- Depending on what the customer clicks or does with their shopping basket, various predefined messages pop up in order to assist them through the process
- A chatbot that responds to predefined questions
- Ibbü: uses brand ambassador’s expertise (with financial compensation) for live chat with customers when they need authentic advice – available 24/7
Integratable, flexible CRM platform to integrate in hotel apps and websites
- Local Measure enables efficient, specific and tailored communication to customers using and sorting their feedback from social media.
- It is a great solution to simplify and drive a hotel’s draw to the customers through a proactive and engaging CRM strategy.
“A location-based social media monitoring & real-time engagement platform”
- Innovations: filtering social media posts to notify the right people to efficiently deal with customer experience, with one of the filters being location (via geolocation features).
- Sorts positive/negative posts from social media and sends them to the right people to enable them to respond accordingly
- Helps to find influential guests and engage with them to promote the brand
- Segments audience to better target them, transcending language barriers
- Can easily be integrated in all basic kinds of websites (WordPress, Blogger…)
Name of the StartUp = AirMule
Airmule takes a page from the collaborative commerce playbook!!
Why this service is amazing
- Travelers with extra luggage space can earn income via carrying items, normally shipped
- Shippers can save money, as AirMule travelers’ fees are less than the ‘big boys’
- Items reach intended recipient faster, as travelers by-pass shipping logistics
- Trusted travelers are TSA certified
- Uber-style tracking via notifications
Innovation – Key Quote
Global Express Shipping with Trusted Travelers…Earn money selling your luggage space… Ship 2-3x faster for 75% less.
Winner – 2016 Phocuswright Battleground
Travel – Tourism
- Inovation brief – key quote
Unknown destination with a total stranger
Easy to use
Find a new experience
Nothing you will see a guidebook or traditional way to travel
Nom de la startup : Nannybag
Pourquoi c’est une innovation?
• Bien organiser
• Présente partout en Europe
• Prix raisonnable
• Disponible en boutique indépendante mais aussi dans les hôtels
• Plusieurs partenariats avec des hôtels
• Assurance incluse pour chaque bagage
• Contrat multirisques contre le vol, la casse et la perte
Accélérateur: 1001 Startup
Industry: Restaurant/Food industry
People with limited income seeking a quality meal (students/retirees).
Restaurants/Food shops wanting to promote a greener and more socially responsible image.
Good for hotels: breakfast buffets throw out 30% of their food, this enables them to reduce their carbon footprint by helping people in need.
“EAT WELL. SAVE MONEY. SAVE THE PLANET »
- Uses existing technology to create a win-win situation between people and businesses who otherwise wouldn’t interact, solving the serious problem of food waste.
- Payment is done through the app, through which the customer receives proof of purchase which they must show upon pick-up of meal.
- All participating restaurants are visible via geolocalization feature on app
- Meals cost customer around 3€, and the restaurant pays a low flat-fee per order.
Une innovation qui vous permettra enfin de ne plus vous poser la question de qui est qui lors d’un séminaire. Cette start up vous propose un dispositif qui reconnaît les personnes assistant au séminaire avec vous afin de vous donner toutes les informations nécessaires sur eux.
Que fait « Who is Georges »
- Innovation dans l’univers des rendez –vous professionnels
- Accéder via votre Smartphone aux Georges autour de vous
- Facile à utiliser
- Vous donne le nom de la personne, mais aussi ces informations personnel, professionnel
- Donne des informations personnelles, pour entamer un sujet de conversation
- Vous pouvez mettre des notes sur le profil de la personne
- Connecte les profils des Georges autour de vous
Valeur ajoutée de « Who is Georges »
- Optimise le temps
- Permet de rencontrer les personnes pertinents pour développer notre business et notre réseau relationnel
- Permet d’améliorer la qualité et l’efficacité du networking
- Une solution unique et innova tante pour permet d’engager 100% des participants
- Un matchmaking performant ciblant les personnes à rencontrer
- Un design haut de gamme qui valorise l’événement
- Une fonction possible en mode connecté ou déconnecté, c’est à dire sans accuse au réseau mobile WIFI
- Accélérateur : Bonjour Idée
- Industry: Travel
- Innovation brief – key quote
- Plan every itenery on one platform with collaborators
- Works with TO, hotels, resorts
- Mobile only
- Offers a different experience to customers : cosolidate on one platform booking confirmation, messaging.
- Nom de l’entreprise: Samesame
“Un image vaut mieux qu’un long discourt”
- Il est facile de communiquer
- Pas de contresens possible (due aux images)
- Il est possible de dessiner également
- Fonctionne sans internet
- Seulement 2,99€ pour l’application
- Application disponible sur AppStore et Android.
- Accelerator : https://bonjouridee.com
Cheerfy app – treat every restaurant guests like a regular!!
App integrated with property wifi – once guests log into your wifi, they are recognized and you are in contact with their preferences
Take personalized service to the next level
- Log In triggers ‘recognition’ greeting – ability to push personalized offers
- CRM elements – emailings + follow up
- Tracks visit + enegagement activity + CRM analytics
- Innovation Brief – key quote
- Bot messaging for hotels
- Great number of features : booking, hotel services, multilingual
- Concierge for business
- Accessible price
- Easy to use
- Integrated true hotel’s Facebook page
Accelerator : Metro Techstars
Name of the start up: Hoardspsot
Industry: Key keepers – Easily sharable
- The startup is active on Facebook and Twitter
- It could be very useful for Airbnb
- It is easy to use
- The concept is simple
- It only cost 3 euros
- It is safe for the owner
- It has only 3 steps to follow
- Available on App store and Google Play
Accelerator : Metro Techstars
- Innovation Brief – key quote
Smunch a virtual cafeteria for companies and co-working spaces managed by the company for the employees
Fun slogan : even the weirdo of the office will love
New restaurant every day/ for everyone (vegan etc)
Dynamic platform : easy to use
CRM element : email , sign up , no engagement
- Accelerator: Metro Techstar
These are exciting times for travel, hospitality, F&B. The velocity of innovation to attract, satisfy, delight and even dazzle today’s mobile empowered customer is amazing.
CMH International Hospitality School has launched this Innovation Center to highlight companies and initiatives that positively impact our industry.
Innovation is the only way to win. Steve Jobs
Hospitality-Next team will follow accelerators that serve our industry + cutting edge innovators – some examples:
- Metro Accelerator
- Marriott Test BED in Europe
- Smart Food Paris
- The Family
- VivaTechnology Paris – StartUp Connect
Just to name a few – take a look at the Innovators section + see more.
If you enjoy this fast paced business + want to know now what is next – sign up for email briefs + come back here often.
Quelles sont les plus belles rues de Paris? Amsterdam? Barcelone? Berlin?
Comment me rendre au Parisis en passant par les rues les plus typiques des environs.
L’application Pretty Streets vous aide à faire cela.
Simple à utiliser et disponible sur iPhone, Smartphone et montre connectée vous n’avez plus d’excuse
L’application prend en considération le temps que vous avez, vos centres d’intérêt et à partir de là, pretty streets vous donnent le plus beau chemin à prendre!
Alors profitez-en et dite nous ce que vous en avez pensé 🙂
Accélérateur: 1001 startup
Marriott Hotels Europe – Digital Innovation Accelerator Programme = important to successful Hospitality innovation
The accelerator programme was created to identify + support industry changing platforms, innovations from outside the extensive Marriott system.
F&B, Hospitality innovation in digital times, success is fueled by external support – MetroTechstars is a powerhouse for start ups.
“The METRO Accelerator powered by Techstars is a highly selective mentorship program for digital and technology startups across the entire value chain of hospitality and food tech.”
Welcome to CMH Innovation Center
Curator - Liz Craig - CMH Digital Projects